Friday, October 02, 2009

Arnhart in Canada

On Friday, October 9, at 3:30 pm, I will be lecturing at the University of Regina in Canada. The title for my lecture is "Does Darwin Subvert or Support Morality?" (Can you guess my answer?)

My host is Shadia Drury, a member of the Departments of Philosophy and Political Science and the holder of the Canada Research Chair in Social Justice at Regina.

A few months ago, I wrote a post on Shadia's new book on Aquinas. She's best known as the leading critic of Strauss and the Straussians. Catherine and Michael Zuckert have shown--in their book The Truth About Leo Strauss--that Drury's books on Strauss were the primary source for all the journalistic coverage of the Straussian influence in the Bush administration, which was a big story a few years ago.

No comments: